MarioFit: How did you start with bodybuilding ?
I started training with weights in 1998, after a friend of the family gave me a couple dumbbells. I did not correlate lifting weights with growing muscles at the time, I just started lifting for something to do.
MarioFit: What workout routine has worked best for you ?
My best gains came from a 4 day split, using low volume, one set to failure per exercise, training 4 days per week.
Shoulders/Triceps Back/Rear Delt Off Chest/Biceps Quads/Hams Off Off
Calves and Abs were performed at some stage on an ‘Off’ day.
MarioFit: What is your diet like ?
My diet consists of 5 feedings per day, focusing mostly on whole, unprocessed food choices. I stack my carbs at feeding 1/Pre/Post workout meals, other meals fats moreso.
Current Bulking Diet:
- Meal 1: 2 cups muesli, 333g low fat plain yogurt, 166g cottage cheese, 1 apple.
- Meal 2: 250g kangaroo mince, 2 lettuce leaves, 1/6 avocado, 1/2 tomato, 1 celery stick,1 small mushroom, nuts, seeds, apple cidar vinegar, 30ml flax oil.
- Meal 3: (Pre Workout) 2 cups brown rice (cooked), 270g tuna, lemon juice, sweet chili sauce, 1 banana.
- Pre Training Shake: 15g whey, 5g BCAA, 20g dextrose.
- Intra Training Shake: 5g BCAA, 20g dextrose.
- Post Training Shake: 30g whey, 5g BCAA, and 40g dextrose.
- Meal 4: (Post Workout) 200-250g chicken breast, 300-400g potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Meal 5: UPS Pro Form (Meal Replacement).
- Meal 6: 250-300 steak/chops, steamed veg/salad.
- Meal 7: 4 eggs, 1/6 avocado, 90g tuna, 30ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
MarioFit: What is your supplementation like ?
Whey, BCAA, Creatine Monohydrate. I stick to the basics, this is what works for me very well.
MarioFit: What are your future plans in the fitness industry ?
I have been working within the industry as a personal trainer since 2004, so just continue with that and keep trying to get bigger and stronger!
MarioFit: Where does your motivation comes from ?
I can never answer this question very well, as was never really motivated by anything to begin lifting in the first place. I just enjoy pushing myself physically and trying to progress in the gym.
MarioFit: Your favourite motivational quote ?
Find something you love doing and do it better than anyone else.